About this project:
The Cauca river connects the departments of Cauca, Valle del Cauca, Quindío, Risaralda, Caldas, Antioquia, Córdoba, Sucre and Bolívar. This tributary flows through Santiago de Cali and is the main source of water for 75% of the city’s population and 79% of the city’s economic activities. The project for the Recovery of the Cauca river basin aims at improving water security, in term of quantity and quality, in the upper basin of this tributary.
To position the recovery of the Cauca river basin as a local, regional and national priority by implementing initiatives and articulating key actors around a work agenda.
Accompanying the Committee for the recovery of the Cauca* river basin
*Established in 2017 by several private and public institutions and the academic sector of Valle del Cauca
1. Articulating local, regional and national actors
2. Promoting institutional strengthening
3. Managing resources from international cooperation
4. Promoting sustainability mechanisms
5. Monitoring the execution of actions and projects
6. Developing positioning strategies
7. Exchanging knowledge and successful case studies