About this project:
Ecuador is Valle del Cauca’s main business partner, followed by the United States. Traveling from Cali to Rumichaca takes an average of 9.4 hours, which has negative impacts on business and tourism-related activities.
A two-lane road between the two cities will:
– Reduce travel time and travel expenses
– Improve competitiveness
– Strengthen the trade of the Region’s products
To lay a 456-km two-lane highway between Cali and Rumichaca providing efficient connectivity between Colombia and Ecuador, and for the Nariño, Cauca and Valle del Cauca departments, thus improving the region’s social and economic dynamics and its competitiveness.
1. Articulating the public and private sectors of Valle del Cauca, Cauca and Nariño.
2. Providing support to manage the project in order to make the Cali – Rumichaca Corridor a priority for the National Government.
3. Contributing to positioning the project in the national agenda.
4. Supporting the management of resources with regional entities in Valle del Cauca, Cauca and Nariño in order to finance the project.
5. Conducting studies to assess social and economic impact throughout the span of the project.